Public Service Orientation for Committees, Boards, and Commissions
Welcome and congratulations on your appointment! As a member of a committee, board, or commission, you will provide a valuable service to the State of Arizona and its residents. We thank you for your commitment.
As an appointed public servant, you will have to fulfill certain obligations. Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-592, all state officers and employees must receive a public service orientation within six months after the date of their hire, election, or appointment. In addition, as prescribed by A.R.S. § 38-231, all state officers and employees must take and subscribe to a loyalty oath or affirmation before entering upon the duties of office or employment. As a matter of statute, all individuals appointed to a committee, board, or commission must sign a loyalty oath for each appointment, office, or position held. A signed loyalty oath must be on file with the office of your agency head or director before you can vote or take any action in your official capacity.
- Click here to download and sign your loyalty oath. Please make certain a copy of your signed loyalty oath is on file with the director’s office of your board, committee, commission, or council. You may wish to keep a copy for yourself.
- Click here to access the online public service orientation course, Search for LAW2000, Standards of Conduct for Boards and Commissions, and take the online training. You must have login credentials to the learning platform to take this online training.
- At the end of the course, take the 10 question final examination. You must answer 7 out of 10 questions correctly to successfully pass the course.
- Once you have successfully completed the final exam, you may fill out the course completion certificate. There is a "Print Certificate" button on the lower, left corner of the screen. Make certain to send a copy of your completion certificate to the office of your board or commission director as verification of completion of training. Please retain a copy of this certificate for your records.
- After printing your certificate, click the "Complete This Course" button on the bottom, right corner of the screen. This will direct you to an on-line form with five questions. Completion of this form will log your public service orientation training as completed.
- Should you have additional questions about the public service orientation or loyalty oath, please read our FAQ. If the document does not adequately answer your question or concern, please email us at [email protected].