- Who needs to complete the public service orientation?
Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-592, all state officers, volunteers, and employees must receive a public service orientation within six months after the date of their hire, election, or appointment.
- I am a state employee appointed to a board, commission, or committee; do I need to retake the public service orientation?
No, if you are a current state employee who has already completed the public service orientation (for example: previous completion of Ethics, Ethical Issues in the Public Sector, Standards of Conduct for State Employees, etc. will satisfy this training), you do not need to retake the course.
- Who needs to sign the loyalty oath?
All individuals appointed to a committee, board, or commission must sign a loyalty oath for each appointment, office, or position held.
- I am a state employee appointed to a committee; do I need to sign another loyalty oath?
Yes, all members of a committee, board, or commission must sign a loyalty oath for each appointment, office, or position held. This means you will have a loyalty oath on file with your state agency and sign another loyalty oath to have on file in the office of the director of the committee you are appointed.
- Where can I take the public service orientation?
Log-in to the Tracorp Learning Platform. Search for LAW2000 and take the online training. You must have login credentials to the learning platform to take this online training.
- What are the steps I need to complete?
- Click here to download and sign your loyalty oath. Please make certain a copy of your signed loyalty oath is on file with the director’s office of your board, committee, commission, or council. You may wish to keep a copy for yourself.
- Click here to access the online public service orientation course. Search for LAW2000 and take the online training. You must have login credentials to the Tracorp learning platform to take this online training
- At the end of the course, take the 10 question final examination. You must answer 7 out of 10 questions correctly to successfully pass the course.
- Once you have successfully completed the final exam, you may fill out the course completion certificate. There is a "Print Certificate" button on the lower, left corner of the screen. Make certain to send a copy of your completion certificate to the office of your board or commission director as verification of completion of training. Please retain a copy of this certificate for your records.
- After printing your certificate, click the "Complete This Course" button on the bottom, right corner of the screen. This will direct you to an on-line form with five questions. Completion of this form will log your public service orientation training as completed.
- If this document does not adequately answer your questions or concerns, please email us at [email protected].
- When must I complete my public service orientation course?
A.R.S. § 38-592, states you must complete your public service orientation within six months after your date of hire, election, or appointment.
- What happens if I do not pass the final examination in the public service orientation?
If you do not pass the final examination, you may retake the course.
- How will my board or commission know I have signed my loyalty oath?
Make certain the original copy of your signed loyalty oath is sent to the office of your board or commission director. The director’s office will keep your signed loyalty oath on file for the duration of your appointment. You may keep a copy for your records.
- When must I sign the loyalty oath?
Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-231, any officer or employee must sign the loyalty oath or affirmation before entering upon the duties of office or employment.