Douglas A. Ducey
Craig C. Brown
ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
WATER QUALITY APPEALS BOARD
100 NORTH FIFTEENTH AVENUE • SUITE 202
PHOENIX, ARIZONA 85007
Telephone: (602) 542-1553
NOTICE AND AGENDA FOR A REGULAR MEETING
ARIZONA WATER QUALITY APPEALS BOARD
To call-in dial: 1-877-820-7831
Enter the participant passcode: 580182#
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S.) § 38-431.02, notice is hereby given to the members of the Water Quality Appeals Board and general public that the Arizona Water Quality Appeals Board (WQAB) will hold a regular meeting open to the public commencing on March 06, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. at the Arizona Department of Administration Building, 100 N. 15th Avenue, First Floor, WIFA Board Room; Suite 103, Phoenix, Arizona. Members of the Water Quality Appeals Board may attend either in person or by telephone conference call.
The agenda for this meeting follows. Any amendments or additions to the agenda will be available at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The Board officer presiding at the meeting reserves the right to change the order of items on the agenda, except for public hearings set for a specific time. Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3), the Board may vote to go into Executive Session to obtain legal advice from its attorney on any matter listed on the agenda. Executive sessions are not open to the public.
Pursuant to Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the WQAB will not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission to and observation of its public meetings. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the Board’s Office at (602) 542-1553. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
1. Call to order and roll call.
2. Approval of the minutes from the meeting of December 14, 2016. The Board may vote to go into Executive Session for discussion and consideration of confidential documents under A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2).
3. Approval of the minutes from the meeting of February 13, 2017. The Board may vote to go into Executive Session for discussion and consideration of confidential documents under A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2).
4. 17-001 San Carlos Apache Tribe, Arizona Mining Reform Coalition, Concerned Citizens and Retired Miners Coalition, and Save Tonto National Forest Notice of Appeal of Agency Decision RE: Resolution Copper Mining AZPDES Permit No. AZ0020389. The Board will discuss and decide on hearing this new appeal or submit to the Office of Administrative Hearing. The Board may discuss and take action on setting deadlines, hearing dates, substantive issues, pending motions and other procedural matters.
5. 16-002-WQAB Town of Florence, SWVP-GTIS MR, LLC, and Pulte Home Corp. vs. ADEQ, Florence Copper Inc. RE: Aquifer Protection Permit No. P-106360. In this full evidentiary hearing, the Board shall review the grant, denial, modification or revocation of any individual permit issued under A.R.S. Title 49, Chapter 2, the issuance, denial, or revocation of a determination pursuant to A.R.S. §49-241 (B) or (C), or the establishment of numeric values and data gap issues for pesticides under A.R.S. §§ 49-303 and 49-304. The Board will exercise its discretion in managing the hearing, scheduling recesses, and apportioning time to the parties. The hearing will end no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 7.
DATED AND POSTED this the 16th day of February, 2017 at 3:30pm
ARIZONA WATER QUALITY APPEALS BOARD
Lisa Kautz, Clerk of the Board