Shipping Containers for Purchase
PLEASE READ EACH SECTION CAREFULLY FOR INFORMATION PURSUANT TO EACH GROUP.
- There will be no viewing opportunities for the containers.
- Containers are made available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- These containers have been heavily used and likely have noticeable dents and cracks. Each container will have operable doors, a roof, and a floor.
- Loading & transportation costs are the responsibility of the buyer. Containers are located at the Arizona Prison Complex in Tucson.
PURCHASING FOR INDIVIDUALS & BUSINESSES
Public Auction – Available to individuals and businesses:
Shipping containers is available for public purchase through our Public Surplus online auction platform.
Register your account to be eligible to bid in the auction. Registration is free and accounts will be activated seven (7) calendar days after creation, at which time bidders can start bidding in any state auction.
Loading & transportation of the containers is the responsibility of the buyer and is not included in the bid price.
Five 40 ft. shipping containers will be available in the following groupings:
- one auction consisting of three containers
- two auctions consisting of one container
Subsequent auctions will be based on demand.
The starting bids are as follows per container:
- 40 Feet Container – $2,000
Bid increments are smaller when the bid price is low and escalate as the bid price increases.
Each auction will include photos of the container(s) and will be open for 14 days. New groupings of containers will be posted every two weeks.
The winning bidder will have five days to finalize payment and schedule pickup, which must be completed within 15 business days of purchase.
PURCHASING FOR GOVERNMENT & NON-PROFITS
Containers are still available for direct purchase by Government and approved non-profit entities. To register, please download and complete the PDF form and email the completed form to [email protected] to register your organization.
Your organization must be registered with ADOA before you can place an order. If you would like to place an order, please fill out an Order Form and you will be contacted within three (3) business days. Buyer must agree to purchase without viewing the shipping container. No refunds.
Pricing Information for Government & Non Profits:
- 40 Feet Container – $2,000
- Shipping container conversion can lead to housing, office, classroom and other types of occupancy use.
- Conversions conducted onsite, at the location of the installation of the unit, requires oversight by the local jurisdiction having authority.
- Converting a shipping container in a facility, for future offsite installation, requires that the facility be licensed and certified by the Arizona Department of Housing (ADOH).
- Whether converting onsite or in a facility, please check with the local jurisdiction regarding zoning and local requirements. Local zoning approvals are required prior to installation.
- Once a converted shipping container is ready for shipment from a facility to an installation site, an ADOH installation plan and installation permit is required.
- An installation permit may be acquired from your local jurisdiction if that jurisdiction has an agreement with ADOH.