Asbestos Containing Materials Notification
Contractors are on notice that asbestos-containing materials (ACM) are present in buildings owned and operated by the Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA). Where ACM is not previously identified by inspection reports, contractors must assume that all building materials, except for unpainted wood, metal, or glass, are ACM.
ADOA is the only source of information concerning asbestos in its facilities. Prior to the commencement of work on or in any ADOA-owned and operated building, the contractor shall comply with the following:
- The contractor must contact the ADOA General Services Division (GSD), Planning & Construction Services (PCS), at (602) 542-1968, to obtain asbestos inspection reports and processing information relevant to the proposed scope of work.
- The contractor and ADOA GSD PCS shall review the requirements of the project and inspect the work area to determine if the proposed scope of work will cause the contractor to contact, handle, or remove ACM.
- If the Contractor encounters materials not identified in the asbestos inspection report, the Contractor shall immediately stop the work and contact the Customer or their designated contact person(s) and ADOA GSD PCS.
- Under no circumstances shall the Contractor install any Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM).
- The contractor shall comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regulating ACM.
This is a list of ADOA-owned and/or managed buildings pursuant to A.R.S. 41-791. (B.) by address. A referenced address includes any supporting physical plant or mechanical rooms, which might be a separate structure, and might support multiple addresses. Where a structure on the list is not managed by ADOA, the appropriate State agency or branch of government is identified in the Asbestos Coordinator column. This list does not include private-sector leased office space and is a non-exhaustive list of State-owned structures. For additional information regarding the State’s inventory of structures, except for those buildings owned and/or managed by the Arizona Department of Transportation and the Arizona Board of Regents, go to building-system-inventory and link to the Building System Inventory Report.